Friday, April 14, 2006

Kiss the Chef (the little one!)

We invited my language tutor over for pancakes this morning, and so Ethan helped me make them! He's becoming quite the little helper in the kitchen and around the house! She'd never had pancakes, syrup, or used a knife! (I'm not even sure she'd eaten butter before!) After the first bite, she declared them "delicious"!
I'll take this opportunity to "show off" my cutting edge new kitchen! Here's our oven! (Think toaster oven, but slightly bigger- maybe more like a rotissere oven!) In the background, you can see our Ozarka-esque water bottle! The water delivery men ride around their "territory" of the city with several bottles ready for delivery, so you just call whenever you run out, and within 1 hour, they bring you however many bottles you need!

And here's our old-timey sink , plastic cabinetry, dish area, and flour sack! (I have to bake a lot more than I ever did in Texas, in order to have anything Atkins wouldn't have approved of!)
2 burners. 'Nuf said.
Smaller than what we had, but we've adapted well enough!

No comments: