Monday, November 13, 2006

Goodbye, Daddy


The kids give daddy bye-bye-hugs


After Doug's extreme exhaustion & fatigue over the last 4 days, the doctors decided he needed to go to Hong Kong for further observation and evaluation. A friend offered to go with him for initial testing until we have a better idea of what's wrong and how long he'll need to be there. Because of the age of the kids and logistics of getting our whole family there, we decided it would be best for me to stay here with the kids for now. Last night, we had a sad goodbye.


From Isaiah 43, 45, 46:

The LORD who created you says: “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your GOD, the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior. ... I am the LORD, and there is no other. … I am the One Who sends good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the One Who does these things.” … This is what the LORD, the Creator and Holy One of Israel, says: “Do you question what I do? Do you give me orders about the work of my hands? ... I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you. "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on his diagnosis/progress. You all are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'll ask for prayer tonight at the Ladies' B. Study. Please keep us posted on Doug's journey & outcome, as well as your faring as you stay behind with the children.

Kim said...

Jess - I'm so sorry. I hope Doug gets to feeling better soon and am remembering you in my prayers.